Welcome to my blog...

I hope you enjoy it...

Please leave a comment if you read something you like...

Please leave a comment if you read something you don't like...


Thursday 17 March 2011

What the...

Just went outside (for a smoke)...not so good on the quitting...
 
But there were kids playing, and I overheard their talk as I stood...is
One of them shouted; "What the hell?" And one of the others quickly reprimanded them for their 'bad language.'  The response; "Hell isn't a bad word."  Whats more interesting was that at this point a small boy, probably about 7 years old, replied with; "The bible says you're not allowed to say that."

Where does a small boy get, that from?

Probably his father...

I don't know what my reaction is to that...

At first I thought, where does the bible say that?  Then, what is this child's concept of hell?

My overall reaction though, is, that kids take in all we tell them.  What we tell them they will grow up to believe and this will be hard for them to shift (if they ever want to), and I guess I don't like that the kids on my street, probably think of the bible, if at all, as a rule book.  And rather, I believe it to be a love story.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I do think it is important what we teach our kids, because it can be beautiful, or dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment